skip to content

home about CACN about crich parish council search

crich area community news

Picture of Crich Stand

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Crich Parish Council

Monday April 3rd 2017, held in the Glebe Field Centre

Please contact the Clerk if further information is required

Minutes are not published until approved at the subsequent meeting

Download minutes as a pdf document

Link to adobe site to download free pdf file reader

Present:

Cllr. Lane (Chair), Cllrs. Anstead, Baugh, Broom, Brown, Clark, Collison, Smith, Walsh and Yorke.  Cty. Cllr. Williams, AVBC Cllr. Gee and 3 members of the public.

Clerk in attendance.

Part 1 Non – confidential items

17/1488 To receive apologies for absence:

Cllrs. Baugh, Clark and Collison. AVBC Cllr. Gee and Cty. Cllr. Taylor.

17/1489 To receive declarations of interest and to approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest.

Chair as member of Glebe Management Committee.

17/1490 Police matters

No police present
Contact: PCSO Christopher Bannister 3841
christopher.bannister.3841@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk

17/1491 Members of the public (10 minutes)

Concern was expressed at the poor state of road surfaces around the Parish and at the poor quality of street cleaning. AVBC Cllr. Gee agreed to enquire about the street cleaning programme for Crich and district.
The road drains on Coast Hill are again blocked.
Clerk will report these issues to DCC and AVBC.
Members were asked to support objections to the developments at Haytop Caravan Park, Whatstandwell which are taking place without appropriate planning permission. Council agreed to write to AVBC supporting the enforcement action being taken by AVBC and the objections expressed by Alderwasley Parish Council.
The varnish is peeling off the recently painted Market Place bench.

17/1492 County and Borough Councillors

Cty. Cllr. Williams continues to ensure that the 20 mph zone in Fritchley village comes into force. He also expressed his objection to the revised planning application to build houses off Bowmer Lane, Fritchley.

17/1493 Minutes of the meeting of March 6th 2017

The Minutes were accepted and signed by Chair.

17/1494 Reports

Chair reported that she had attended the launch of the AVBC draft Local Plan (see below). She circulated the minutes of the March meeting of the Ambergate Reservoir Community Liaison Group.
Neighbourhood Plan – this is at the public consultation stage and is available to view. Drop-in consultation sessions have been advertised and residents are encouraged to submit their comments and support for the proposals.
Council agreed that the Neighbourhood Planning group had done an excellent job and produced a first class document and thanked them for their effort and commitment.  
PLACE project – Cllr. Yorke explained that the plan was now finalised and that the funding target was within reach having been given a considerable boost by a grant offer of £50,000* from Veolia (waste disposal and recycling company)
*in order to access this grant the Parish Council must meet certain criteria including:

  • Being able to show that the proposed project is fully funded
  • Provide £5000 to activate the grant – with respect to this Cllr. Kate Smith most generously offered to donate £5,000 in memory of her late mother for which she was warmly thanked by all present.
  • Commence the project within 4 months

As the result of financial decisions made later in the meeting it will now be possible to begin work at the Recreation Ground.

BG development:
Clerk reported that the easement related to the low pressure gas main had now been confirmed and would be marked. He is arranging for appropriate landscaping to bring the ground up to a standard suitable for consecration.

17/1495 Items for Discussion

Amber Valley Borough Council Draft Local Plan – it was agreed unanimously to lodge an objection to the proposal to include a further housing development site in Crich (Woodside Farm) for the following reasons:

  • The proposal is contrary to the draft Neighbourhood Plan
  • The infrastructure of the village is already strained beyond its capacity
  • Crich is not now a sustainable community and is likely to become even less so if local public   transport services are reduced.
  • It is important to protect the identities of Crich and Fritchley by preventing the coalescence of the two villages.

Chair will prepare the Parish Council response.

A new Complaints Procedure was unanimously adopted by the Council (subject to review). Prop. Cllr. Broom and sec. Cllr. Clark
Amended Financial Regulations were approved and adopted unanimously by the Council (prop. Cllr. Broom sec. Cllr. Anstead).
Report of Finance Committee:
Cllr. Broom (Chair of Finance) reported that the Council is in a strong financial position as the result of setting aside funds to refurbish the Recreation Ground and the extend the Burial ground – the carry forward into Financial Year 2017/8 will be £73,670.23.
She proposed a revised budget designed to enable the council to undertake its core activities and associated expenditure while making a significant contribution to the PLACE project (the refurbishment of the Recreation Ground and its equipment).

The following budget for 2017/8 was approved unanimously:

                                                                             £

Administration  

 £14,700

Burial Ground 
£3,200
Glebe Field Trust
£10,320
Landscape Maintenance
£5,250

Insurance

£1,200
Grants
£3,000
Winter Service
£3,000
Parish Enhancement
£6,450
Public WC
£3,675
Burial Ground Development
£0
Capital Projects 
£500
Allotments
£560
PLACE project
£50,000

Neighbourhood Plan

£2,000
Pentrich Revolution Commemoration
£4,000
*Website  
£1,700
Installation of Defibrillators
£500
**Parish Room floor
£3,850
Contingency
£1,000

*Website proposal - it was agreed to engage the services of ‘2commune’ to create a Crich Parish Council website.
**Replacement floor for Parish Room – as part-owners of the Glebe Field Centre the Parish Council agreed to finance the replacement of the Parish Room floor which has become dangerous and unfit for purpose.

There have been reports of obstructive parking and associated abusive behaviour at Fritchley Green – these incidents have been reported to the Police and the problem has subsided.
Potential danger on Public Footpath 64 (Tors) – the Parish Council has alerted all parties who have authority to intervene in this matter.
Parish enhancement including Market Place development and a request for signage in the Robin Hood area of Whatstandwell - to be reviewed at a future meeting in view of the decision to significantly enhance the facilities at the Recreation Ground

17/1496 Planning Decisions

Permitted:
AVA/2017/0069 land adjacent to Jovial Dutchman – outline application for 2 dwellings
AVA/2017/0124 Old End House, Roes Lane – side extension and terracing.

17/1497 Planning Applications

AVA/2017/0273 Mayflower Cottage, Snowdrop Valley – rear single storey extension and alterations to garage.  NO OBJECTION
AVA/2017/0342 102, The Common, Crich – Edwardian glass-roofed conservatory.  NO OBJECTION.

17/1498 Accounts

Balance in Current Account at 31.03.17(end of Financial Year):  £53355.92

Deposit Account:    £20,314.31
Bank Reconciliation (Current Account) is available for inspection.
Expenditure

C. Ludlam (Clerk) 

£502.55

Chq 557
Glebe Field Trust
£750.00
Chq 558
Grass Track
£431.95
Chq 559
Linda Ludlam (BG register copying)
£266.40
Chq 560

Community Rights Groundwork UK (NP unspent grant)

£2197.00
Chq 561
STW WC water supply
£122.38
Chq 562
Viking Direct (flash drives for Burial record copies)
£54.00
Chq 563
K Briddon (allotments)
£280.00
Chq 564
2commune (website)
£1680.00
Chq 565
British Gas
£12.50
Chq 566
Glebe Field Trust PATs testing
£25.00
Chq 567
Amber Valley Borough Council (rate demand WC)
£377.46
Chq 568
Viking Direct (inks)
£66.01
Chq 569
HMR and C
£323.60
Chq 570
M MacArther (work at RG and BG)
£169.93
Chq 571

17/1499 Items for Information

DALC Circular 04-2017

17/1500 Communications from members of the public

Email from Joe Farmer of the Briars posed by dangers at the Tors footpath.

Part 2 Confidential items

None.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY May 8th 2017 at 7.30 PM
Clive Ludlam
(Parish Clerk)